Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainbow Week on The Daily Yay!

I spontaneously decided to declare this week to be Rainbow Week on The Daily Yay! By that I mean each post (except for my weekly gratitude list) will somehow have something to do with rainbows. I don't mean i'm going to just post pictures of rainbows each day.

To kick off Rainbow Week, here's an inspiring quote:

Our flag is red, white and blue, but our nation is a rainbow - red, yellow, brown, black and white - and we're all precious in God's sight. -Jesse Brown

So true. As a religious Jew I believe that we're all created in God's image. (See the story in Genesis about the creation of Adam.) The US is wonderful in that it is now so welcoming to everyone without regard to external features such as color. This country has been through a long journey away from the enslavement of Africans to the attainment of civil rights to the point where, finally, a black man was elected President. Wow. I know you know all this already but this quote reminds me anew of how far the US has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment