Monday, June 6, 2011

apology, 2 announcements, and Gratitude to Bliss

I've been leaving you hanging- I apologize for not posting in almost a week! I've been pretty busy. The announcement is that I might not post again until after the upcoming Jewish holiday Shavuot. For now, I'm going to post five highlights since the last list. I'm going to make Mondays my usual Gratitude to Bliss day until further notice. (That's the other announcement.)

1. On Friday, Rena had a great time at the toddler gym that was set up at the Magnuson Community Center. Her favorite part was the large number of balls in various sizes, colors, and patterns. She also enjoyed an area with legos, gears, a drum, and other exploratory toys.
2. As the Burke-Gilman Trail intersects a street near the Center, I decided to walk us home on it. This was my first time using the trail. It's so beautiful! :) I already knew of one intersection near the Silver Cloud Inn on 25th Ave, which is near the University Village Shopping Center, but it turned out that there was another right near QFC! :) I was able to take care of the essentials in my shopping list, so I didn't go to Whole Foods at all; I went straight home from there.
3. The weather was beautiful on Shabbat so Rena and I spent a good portion of the day outside on our terrace. I relaxed with and finished the book Green Mama by Tracey Bianchi. I also read more of The Year 3000 by Paolo Mantegazza.
4. I went biking on the trail for the first time on Sunday! :) I went far north thinking it would eventually swing back around south, but it turned out that it doesn't circle around; it has an end point. So I finally turned around and headed back the way I came. I was out for a few hours so I had quite a workout! :) Another biker said she liked my bike.
5. All the while, I was looking forward to a big high-five from hubby. Sure enough, when I got home, he gave me a big high-five and said he was impressed. He felt my muscles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment