Thursday, February 9, 2012

Yoga! :)

Today, while our kids were in school, I attended Power Yoga at Lakeview Yoga with a friend! :) It had been several years since I'd done yoga. Though my body struggled to shape itself into the moves, many of them came back to my mind. I think I could get good at it if I do this weekly. Also chatting with my friend before and after was very nice! :) (Not during, though, because there's no talking allowed during the class.) Thanks to my friend for inviting me to do yoga with her, and thanks to the wonderful teacher! :) I've written a recommendation on the Facebook Page for Lakeview Yoga.

Upon picking up Rena from school, I was delighted to hear that her preschool class had held a birthday party for trees to celebrate the Jewish holiday Tu B'Shvat, which I think of as the Jewish Arbor Day. The teachers provided for snack the Seven Species for which the Land of Israel is noted, the tree in their classroom "wore" a crown, and the kids sang Happy Birthday to it. Haha, I didn't even know there was a tree inside their classroom. (There's one in their playground.) I'll have to look for it next time. (I didn't get to look because pickup is from the playground rather than the classroom, unless it's raining, and it wasn't raining at pickup time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment