Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wow, a lot of catching up to do!

I can't believe it's been months since I've written here! Things have been super-crazy! This post will be divided by month.

June:

Thanks to my parents for schlepping to visit us in Seattle though Rena and I would be going to visit them in Cincinnati anyway AND we were in the process of packing up our stuff to be stored (as we were moving out of the apartment).

Thanks to my Seattle friend and her family for hosting my parents, Rena, and me for the weekend between moving out of the apartment and our flight to Cincinnati. We had a lovely time!

July:

Woo-hoo, Rena and I had a wonderful time visiting her Bubby and Zeida (my parents) in Cincinnati! :) I'm so glad they were able to spend so much time together, AND I finally got to sort through my old stuff and get rid of most of it! :)

August:

Yay, Rena and I successfully made it through customs without me even having to pull out my signed, notarized letter authorizing me to take her to Canada by myself and landed in Winnipeg to be reunited with Daddy after a month away from him! :) I'm so grateful that there was nothing really tying us to Seattle so we had the option to just stay here instead of returning to Seattle. I appreciate my mind's ability to hold onto good memories such as those from our time in Seattle and look forward to more good times here in Winnipeg! :)

September:

Rena started preschool at Chabad's Torah Tots Preschool. I'm so grateful that there's a religious preschool here that's comparable to MMSC in Seattle. (Preschool was the only possible reason to return to Seattle but obviously that wasn't an issue.) A fellow preschool mom invited the three of us to her house for a Shabbat lunch. She said she and her family attended Herzliyah for shul so we went there that day though we'd been attending the Chabad shul (which is in the same building as the preschool). There we found her leading a kids' program in a well-stocked playroom...and it turned out that she and her husband are actually the rabbi and rebbitzin of the shul! :) They're really nice and go out of their way to help us feel comfortable in the community. Thank you, Rabbi and Rebbetzin Ellis! Thank you also, Rebbetzin Ellis, for all the time you've spent helping me out with you-know-what. (Sorry, folks, no details here.) Especially during the Jewish holiday season! Speaking of which, Rena has had such a great time at shul for the holidays! :) She really loved the birthday party for the world held on Rosh Hashana! :)

Oh yeah, one more thing: On Facebook, in a group called "Tanach Stidy Group," I saw a post about an upcoming contest called the International Bible Contest. I'd heard of this contest for high school students but apparently this is the first adult version to be held in decades. I managed to sign up before the deadline. I will be chilled about it and just try my best without worrying about winning.

October:

So far, the current month has seen Rena's birthday party and more partying at shul for Simchat Torah. Also before the dancing we went to my husband's old friends for dinner. The theme for the birthday party was Dora the Explorer: Muffins in paper holders printed with Dora and other characters in the show and topped with candy Dora heads, napkins printed with characters, and lots of Dora-themed gifts. The shul had fun dancing and ice cream! :)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment