Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I know I said no more posts for now...

...but I just HAD to write about something that happened today:

There was a fire in our building, the Saxe Apartments; not in our actual apartment but on our floor. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the Seattle Fire Department for arriving and putting out the fire quickly. Thanks also to our building manager who made sure were getting out of the building. I'm also grateful for our working smoke detectors. And that no one got hurt and nothing was damaged (as far as I know).

Also I want to say that despite all the times I've been asked to ponder the question of what I would rescue from a fire, I grabbed my daughter and shouted to my husband to get out and that was it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness everyone was fine. Hope your apartment is ok. Hope it wasn't bad enough that anything got ruined. Give my sweeties a big kiss and hug.