Friday, April 1, 2011

Gratitude to Bliss 23

1. I took Rena to the Northeast Branch of the Seattle Public Library this morning to check out toddler storytime. We had a great time! :) We made new friends, had a book read, and learned new songs.
2. As the library turned out to be somewhat near the synagogue, and I'd already made my shopping list for Shabbat in the hopes that I'd go grocery shopping right after storytime, I realized while we were heading toward the library that I could check out this local organic grocery store that I keep seeing just a few blocks from the synagogue. I did, and surprisingly, I was able to find most of the items on my list, even though it's a small store. As I had healthy stuff -- mostly raw ingredients -- on my list, it makes sense in retrospect that that would be the case at such a store.
3. At one point while we were out and about, I "randomly" saw a beautiful yellow six-petal flower lying on the ground. I picked it up and gave it to Rena to play with. The way it was arranged, it looked kind of like a Jewish star, or "Star of David."
4. While I was getting the flower, Rena's stroller began to roll away because there was a bit of an incline where we were. Thank G-d, I was able to catch it quickly so she didn't get hurt.
5. I remembered to get April's rent check from the bank (across from University Village) and leave it in the designated mailbox in the apartment building. Today was really the last day I could do it because it's due on the first of each month.
6. I love that I don't have to send rent checks in the mail anymore, because the building manager lives and works right here in the building!
7. I just gave myself a brief shoulder blade massage that felt really good! :) I could hear it cracking as I relieved the tension in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment